Monday, June 1, 2009

A Change Gone Come


Well folks, I"m blogging because I'm embarking on a new part of my life. I've been quite unhappy for a while about my weight and now I'm doing something about it. I got myself all motivated and ready to go or as the ol campaign addage would have it: Fired up and Ready to Go!! Rev. Run told me in his daily words of wisdom a few weeks ago," If you are striving for a better, more fulfilling life, a little change in your approach can make a Huge difference!! (consider this) If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten, Change something". I watched "Why Did I Get Married " 3 times this weekend and like Sheila (Jill Scott's Character) I was down on myself and my weight. So I've decided to change it. I'm getting married next year and want to be a knock out walking down that aisle. It aint gonna happen with me just dreaming about it.

I have to admit, I've been quite nervous about this diet. Not that I don't want to loose, but because I'm afraid I won't. See, until recently, nothing ever went right in my life, negative thing after negative thing, so my mind is so conditioned to always receiving negative results. I'm so used to losing. I realize I have to change my thinking and therefore change my way of life. It took a good friend to remind me of that this morning. I finally admitted to him that I was nervous because I so desperately want this to work and I have anxiety about it not working. However, he set me straight and told me to just do the damn diet as prescribed and it will work. So, I turned it over to God, ( he knows my heart's desire) and I'm going full steam ahead.
I weighed this morning and I weighed 275 lbs. Ive never revealed my weight before to anyone, but weight watchers. Me revealing makes it more real and shows i'm serious. Im now accountable to everyone to show just how this can be done and will be done by me. I hope I'm motivating someone else as well. Follow me on this journey won't you? Here we go...This is my before shot!
Lesson 1: God has already given us the tools to make the most of this life and live a life of design. If you don't like something change it, dreams don't manifest themselves without action. Identify what you want and get moving!

1 comment:

angela said...

Im with you girl. You can do this--We can do this change is good.