Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Color Me Badd!!


Wow, So much has happened since I last blogged. We have a new President named Barack Obama, I went to the Inauguration, I turned 35...alot has transpired which brings me to this blog.

Last week Monday I turned 35! With that new year I resolved to make this year all about me and what I wanted. Turning 35 reassured me that I was going in the right direction. After Christmas, I prayed and prayed and prayed some more for some direction in my life. I got confirmation from my pastor on New Year's Eve that 2009 is mine and that the year should be all about me. Seriously, he said, Love yourself, let your past go, forgive yourself and embrace your future. These words really hit home with me. He was right, I spent so much time dealing with eveyone else's needs, that I totally neglected my own. I was the last person on my list of people to take care of...I wasn't even a close second, but dead last. So after much prayer and revelation, I agreed and decided to make 2009 about me and me! I prayed about my finances, my relationship, my son, etc. I decided to take a back seat and Let God have his way. He truly knows the desires of my heart and is ushering me to and through these things.

We have the power to speak life and positive things into it and that's what I have been doing and trying to do. Pray with me as I embark on this year's journey of self discovery!!

No comments: